Thursday 23 February 2012

The 2am post

So, here it is, my first ever Blog!  A little over 9 hours ago, I decided that I would start writing a blog, even though I haven't researched blogging too thoroughly yet, or read lots of other peoples blogs , I concluded that now is the time.  So I had to tell myself to stop procrastinating about it all and just go for it!  As it says in the "About Me" section, I am a self taught photographer and I have been interested in photography since I was about 12.  Only recently did I acquire a decent enough DSLR to be able to really explore the possibilities and now I am most definitely hooked.  When I was 25 my husband bought me a Minolta SLR, but at the time I didn't have the resources to fund my new passion..., film processing was too expensive and the result is a plastic bag filled with around 40 undeveloped films!  Yes they are years old now, but I do hope that in the near future I will get around to processing them, even if it is only to cringe at the naivety shown by them!  Last year I took the step to purchase the Sony A390 along with an additional Tamron 70-300mm lens.  I'm not really that bothered that its a fairly cheap alternative to the Nikons and Canons, I am more from the school of thought that if the artist is good, the tools are only secondary to the resulting creation, its all about producing an image that I am pleased with and that I think others would agree.  


So, why the 2am post then?!  Well, its taken me 9 hours to go through the basic set up of the blog and in between   catching up on my Twitter page (@sarajealphotos) and Facebook page (Sara Jeal Photos), I think I have cracked it!?  Perhaps once I post this I will take another look at my layout etc but for now, I just want to get on an write!  I'll be back soon.....zzzzzzzz 

No comments: